EXPANDED TO INCLUDE SUB-SAHARAN AFRICANS TOO
On a freezing cold morning in 1999, Madiba stood on the steps of the SA embassy in London’s Trafalgar Square and looked over a sea of South African faces. “I love you all so much”, he said, “I want to put you in my pocket and take you home.” And so the idea for Homecoming Revolution was born.
Now in its 10th year, Homecoming Revolution is expanding its one-stop offering to attract not only South Africans back home, but East and West Africans back to their respective homelands too.
Says Angel Jones, CEO and Founder of Homecoming Revolution, “Sub-Saharan Africa is poised for take off, requiring strong leadership, top skills and job creation. Returning Africans bring home not only a superb range of international expertise, global relationships and local knowledge, but a strong sense of purpose and willingness to give back too – it’s a very powerful combination.
Continues Jones, “To date we have hosted over 30 international events. Now with our 2014 London Expo we are really excited about attracting Nigerians, Ghanaians, Ugandans and Kenyans to their respective home countries too.”
LONDON EXPO Format
Over a two-day weekend, 15th-16th March, the Homecoming Revolution London Expo 2014 will include:
- Many companies exhibiting jobs, schools, property, products, services, investments and entrepreneurial opportunities in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Inspirational video content and story-telling of returnee case studies
- High-profile guest speakers who will update, inform, educate and inspire the diaspora on various issues relating to African business, economics, politics, and future scenarios in South Africa, Nigeria, Ghana, Uganda and Kenya
- Practical relocation, career and entrepreneur workshops
- An overall fun cultural experience with music and food
Who should attend?
The skilled African diaspora living abroad who are interested in finding out what’s going on in their homeland, with a particular focus on South Africans, Nigerians, Ghanaians, Ugandans and Kenyans.
Who should exhibit?
Businesses operating in Africa that need talent and customers
Public sector organisations that want to connect with the diaspora
Homecoming Revolution Track Record
Previous exhibitors at Homecoming Revolution London Expos include:
Addis, Edcon, Microsoft, 1st Contact, Eskom, Nedbank Capital, African Personnel, Foschini, Netcare, African Health Placements, Group Five, Avis, Gordon Institute of Business Science, FNB, Bombela, Landelahni, Oracle, Investec, CSIR, McKinsey and Company, South African Breweries, Deloitte, Momentum, Sappi, Sasol, Seeff, Standard Bank, Teach South Africa, Toyota and Union Swiss.
Testimonials from previous exhibitors at our London events:
- “Overall, this event was very successful and we are definitely keen to be involved again. We met several candidates of high caliber” – SABMiller
- “We obtained about 250 strong CVs and lots of great exposure.” – Deloitte
- “We’ve definitely pulled the crowds with the relevant experience to us. The advertising has been a thumb’s up for the Homecoming Revolution.” – Microsoft
Testimonials from previous attendees at our London events:
- “What a great event! I thought that your speakers were excellent; the topics discussed were interesting and relevant. The information relayed was positive and has further cemented my plans for returning home”
- “We went to your event in London and my husband has accepted a job offer in Cape Town at one of the companies who were there. We know SA has its problems, but we are so looking forward to being with family and friends again.”
- “Excellent idea! We collated so much useful info and now can’t wait to get our toes back on African soil”.
Book Your Ticket Now:
EXHIBITION STANDS NOW SELLING – SECURE YOUR SPACE. To book an Expo stand, or find out more, contact firstname.lastname@example.org